Actinic lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2g2ner

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it ok to run just actinic lights so the colors on my corals show better? Or is there another way to get my corals color to pop? Also will the corals grow if I only run actinic? I just have zoo's, mushrooms, GSP and leathers.

Hi there.

How many bulbs do you have in your light fixture? If you have the four bulbs maybe you can add a different color for one bulb and have a nice hue and have some daylight light for the corals.

Just a thought. :)

I have 4 24w T5 bulbs. 2 actinic and 2 10,000k. I was also thinking of changing out the 10,000k for 20,000k. My tank just looks white with a tiny hint of blue but the bright green and yellows of my zoos don't pop at all. You can clearly see the colors but it's not as bright. They look amazing in my moonlights though.

You could change out the whites for ATI aquablue specials, they are at 12k. I dont think you want your tank blue all the time do you? lol I hate the yellowish hue you get from 10k bulbs myself so I went with 2 aquablue specials and 2 Blue plus bulbs. I find I get a nice hue of blue and my corals can get the light they need.

Yea I dint want dark blue all the time. Just a little more blue. Like you said, I hate the yellowish hue. I just doesn't do the tank justice. I'll see if I could find those bulbs your talking about.

Back
Top Bottom