Actually getting WAY out of hand! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishmanJosh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have treid EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Water changes, manually taking it off, waiting for it to go (couple of months now) but IT WILL NOT GO AWAY!!! Cut off one head and two grow back, it keeps getting stronger and stronger its making me cry. Ive had it for 10 months now and still havent put any corals in it REALLY IS MAKING ME CRY!!!! Help :'(

:rocket: <===== This indicates what I want to do to my fish tank.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 81
How about removing those rocks that have the hairalgae on it and use some base rock instead.

I like Thincats idea but what would I have to go through if I just wanted to take out the rock? Would I need to get more or could I leave it because I don't really like the setup anyway it takes up too much space :/

How many pounds are in there? you want around 1-1.5 lbs/gallon minimum for good filtration. If you are still above that you will be fine.

That checklist that Mike gave you is a great list to go by.

If you are pulling it off your rock, make sure you don't let it just float around, scoop it out.

Do you have any pumps to help circulate the water in your tank? Red legged hermit crabs are good algae eaters. As are green emerald crabs.

What kind of fish do you have in there? What are you feeding them?

What is your filtration system like?

the thing about removing it is nutrient export. You are removing the fuel that makes the hairalgae grow and that will slow it down.

Check olut this checklist. Remember it didnt start overnite and it wont go away overnite.

FantasyReef Databases-Viewing item "10 Step Plan for Nuisance Algae Control"

I've been having a small HA problem. Reading this link, i've been doing everything possible to get rid of my HA. One of the bulletpoints has you turning your lights off for a minimum of 1 week. I have a GS maroon clown, a 2" xenia colony, a small 2" zoa colony and a 2" clove polyp frag. Would the lights being off affect these ??

Also is there something I can put into my filter to remove my phosphates. I don't test them, but its possible that the phosphates are fueling my HA. In the past i've used phosguard (but I used it to control my silicates from the tap water experiment) and saw another product that was some kind of red and green HA remover sponge that you put in your filter.

Anybody have any good advice for my phosphates ?? Also sorry to hijack your thread pal, but I didn't want to clog the forums with another thread !!

Use GFO to remove phosphates. I put some Clearmax into my canister filter every 1.5 months or so.

No HA that I can see...I just have this pesky biofilm junk...
BTW-Good luck on that HA...Man I feel for you! (I was blown away by that picture!)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom