Added a 1" long pistol shrimp to the 300 gal reef yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gregcoyote

Aquarium Advice Addict
Added a 1" long pistol shrimp to the 300 gal reef yesterday, hoping my diamond Goby will find love. So far, no sign of him. Hope he shows up. Also added a purple basslet (antheus) and was surprised when the Royal Gramma attacked him. he has never attacked anything before, but I guess the purple color set him off.

I have a bullseye pistol shrimp with my Pink spotted goby. Bullseye's don't pair with goby's as often as others do. Mine live together but not like some pairs do. But it took about a month for mine to pair.

Umm In regards to your gramma / basslet problem? There both highly territorial and aggresive towards there own species and what looks like there own species. They are closely related and depending on the territory the first fish had set up it may end up killing each other.
Although in your 300 gallon it may be large enough to accommodate both.

Nyghtfire said:
Umm In regards to your gramma / basslet problem? There both highly territorial and aggresive towards there own species and what looks like there own species. They are closely related and depending on the territory the first fish had set up it may end up killing each other.
Although in your 300 gallon it may be large enough to accommodate both.

300 gallon I could live in....

I would say in a 300 you should get away with it.
There's always a fish that'll break all the rules and show a different personality.
Just monitor the situation if one stops eating quarantine and feed it up. Keep an eye on the situation.

No, but not worried yet. Added a banded coral shrimp a few months ago and only spotted him for the first time yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom