added live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
well, i just added 10 lbs of lr, that has been curing in a seperate tank (about 8 weeks). ammonia and nitrate tested 0. im nervous. everything should be ok, right?

i forgot to add that im going to test the water again tomorrow, i do my water changes on sundays, so if anything goes wrong, that will help....

Everything should be fine. Relax and take a deep breath. As long as you keep an eye on parameters for the next couple of weeks and have enough well-gaed SW on hand to do changes if needed, you will be just fine. Good call on adding more LR (y)

i just got 10 gal of SW( i buy mine form petco), so that should be enough. im breathing. i just dont wnat anything to go wrong (as far as water peramiters), now that its stable.... this is the 1st time ive added lr this way....i hope for the best. my yellow clown goby died :( yesterday. he just wouldnt eat, no matter what i did for him.

Sorry to hear about your clown goby. Feed these fish can present a challenge as they are often times intimidated and "bullied" out of food by tank mates. They are very timid fish.

vsnsofadrgn said:
i just got 10 gal of SW( i buy mine form petco), so that should be enough. im breathing. i just dont wnat anything to go wrong (as far as water peramiters), now that its stable.... this is the 1st time ive added lr this way....i hope for the best. my yellow clown goby died :( yesterday. he just wouldnt eat, no matter what i did for him.

Sorry about the goby, Jesus and I had the same problem. We both went through a couple until we bought the ones that would eat. I have a little green one now, he's no bigger than a babies toe, but he's a piggy.

he just wouldnt eat no matter what i did. i am thinking of getting a shrimp goby/psitol shrimp pair, but im goin to wait awhile and see what happens with my tank. you think the green goby is a better addition than the yellow? i dont want to add something that wont eat, i dont trust the lfs that i go to to tell me what its eating since theyve mislead me b4.... thanks for your concern..

You can try feeding live brine shrimp to get them to eat, but being so small, I don't know if the goby would even be able to eat that.

I don't know about the green as opposed to the yellow, but I did it because the lady at the lfs told me that one was eating. I've started asking if the fish are eating before I buy just as a boost, if it's eating, it may be adjusting better to captivity. You might actually ask them to feed the fish you want if they haven't already fed the fish. Petco does that for me now, if I go in early enough.

Of course, i didn't think to start doing that before I bought the Mandarin! But I have a lot of pods and add some periodically to my tank, so my mandarin is still fat.

Back
Top Bottom