Added pinpoint PH monitor and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a PinPoint PH monitor yesterday so that when I switch to Kalk in my top-off I will be able to keep a close eye on it while I adjust doses and such. So im really happy with this thing so far, however I was a little shocked today when I add in B-ionic and my PH shoots from 7.92 to 8.20 in about 15 - 20 seconds. That can't be good for my tank to have that kind of swing every morning right? Hopefully when I start the Kalk it will keep it a little more steady? Take care

did it stay that high? If it peaked, then fell again it may have just been from a high concentration of the solution pasing over the probe of the monitor. Try adding the b-ionic further away from the probe and see if it happens again.

It pretty much stayed that high. It started a backward trend very slowly over an hour or so, and then the lights kicked on and its staying around 8.16 right now and looks like its about to begin its daily climb to around 8.21. Hopefully the use of Kalk in my top off will maintain a steady enough dose to keep it from spiking anymore. I am going to start the Kalk on saturday. Before I begin dosing the Kalk I will make sure and have a buffer on hand to help keep things in control.

Back
Top Bottom