Adding a Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to add a second Wrasse to my 125gal tank. The problem being I already have a 6 line wrasse in the system.

I have had the 6 line for 3+ years now and he has never shown aggression to any of my other fish even when he was in the smaller 40gal tank. He weaves in and out of the rocks and only seems to flair up when its feeding time.

I would like to add a Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse ( Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse - Reef Safe Wrasse ) as I have heard that the larger wrasses are less prone to fight with the 6 line.

What would anyone recommend as I know the 6 line can be a terrible tank mate from the horror stories I have heard. But ultimately I would like to add another wrasse of some kind. Be it a Leopard wrasse, fairy wrasse or even a Carpenters Flasher wrasse. I would like to know what would be the best bet for another wrasse which will stay more in the open and least likely to fight with my 6 line.

Current stock list
3 x Ocellaris Clownfish
1 x Foxface
1 x Yellow Eyed Kole Tang
1 x Yellow Tang
1 x Blue Tang
1 x Banggai Cardinalfish
1 x Coral Beauty
1 x Yellow Tail Damsel
1 x 6 Line Wrasse

Back
Top Bottom