Adding Live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theseainside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I have had my tank for almost a year now (since january) and it is doing fine and lately i have been considering, adding more live rock to the tank to allow a more "reef like look" as its not the best place to position corals. its an Aqua one 620t which i converted to marine, an i just feel it looks a tad empty. will the addition of rock cause a spike in ammonia or nitrates and cause my precious fish to die? or will it be sustanable. The LFS has heaps of rock in tanks that have filtration. i am running a canister filter and the over head filter? and if so does anyone have any possible design ideas?

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Kind regards,
Vic.

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 81
You should be ok adding some more rock but looks like you need more flow as the cyano is spreading....

Are you getting some red slime algae on your sand bed and existing rock?

First thing is not to overfeed the tank... Then you need more water movement,cyano will first build up at dead spots.... What type lighting are you using?

How old are the bulbs? How long do you run them each day?

I would start thinking about new bulbs if you still have stock bulbs that came with that fixture they are prob really weak... Check out a couple ati bulbs. And more water movement . Blast that rock with turkey baster and syphon out the best you can..... And yea hey melosu....Lol

Back
Top Bottom