adding more friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murcos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am wanting to add some more life to my tank, and wanted to know if it is possible to add too much at once. Currently I have:
-30 gallon setup
-protein skimmer
-waterfall filter
-lawnmower blenny
-false perc
-cardinal
-six line wrasse
-emerald crab
-colt coral
-mushroom coral
-toadstool coral
-a bunch of mini blue legged hermits
-snail

If I were to add 2 green ricordias, a tree sponge, and two lettuce nudies, and a linkia star would that be too much to add at once, or should I hold off and add them slower?

Any help would be great....thanks
Mary

I don't see a problem with adding the ric's, sponge and nudi's all at once. I agree with Brenden though on the linkia. It's not really the best choice for a tank the small.
Oh, also, when buying your sponge, watch how they dip it up. Sponges should never come into contact with air. So, when buying one, be sure to buy from a trusted lfs since it's inevitable that you will be mixing some of their water into your tank when placing the sponge.

i tend to agree.. im no pro when it comes to corals but adding them all at once shouldnt be a problem. the linkia would probably end up covering the entire glass.. they get pretty big..they are also sensitive little creatures..

Murcos, I would skip on the lawnmower blenny, they really need a 55 gal or larger to support their eating habbits. Maybe swap for a purple firefish or a goby/pistol shrimp combo.

The linka I would skip as well. There are lot of other stars that are more suitable for tank life. (small red star, serpent star)

The six line wrasse is a great idea, I love mine. The perc is a good idea as well, you might consider getting him/her a friend.

The snails/hermits/corals/snails/emerald crab also sounds like a good idea.

You might want to consider a cleanershrimp and 1-2 peppermint shrimp.

It also might be a good idea to skip the lettuce nudis and go with a tuxedo urchin instead. The ludis really belong in the ocean and don't really thrive in aquariums.

My tank is similar in size to yours, check out my sig for other ideas! HTH!

Only thing other than the linka that I would worry about is the nudibranchs.

They could easily run out of food then you would have a problem. They also have a tendancy to get caught in powerheads and die. I would leave them in the ocean as DragonForce said.

Back
Top Bottom