Adding multiple pair of fals perc clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomchong22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I acquired all of my friends saltwater stuff since they did not want it any more and I was wondering if I could put their 2 mated false perc clownfish into my 60 gallon that Curently has 2 mated fals perc clownfish. There is plenty of hiding spots and live rock to encourage territories Currently the clownfish are residing in my fuge for the time being till I can sell them or transfer them to the main tank.

Probably a 99.9% chance of you will end up with battle to the death
It's not a good idea,,i'd sell them

Yeah that is what I am afraid of. I think I will keep them in the fuge for awhile till I set up the 20gall I just got or sell everything. Haven't decided yet.

So after tanking to the lfs i decided to try it. But I also picked up a black and white clownfish to add at the same time. I have placed 2 mirrors in the tank to help with aggression, and I must say adding the three at the same time along with the 2 Mirrors seems to have worked. There is no aggression yet. All the clownfish follow the black and white one( the biggest of the group) I plan to give an update as things progress

5 clownfish in a tank that small is asking for trouble I'm afraid. I hope it works out, but the problem isn't necessarily at the start; it's down the road. At least you have a fuge and an extra 20g tank on standby ;)

So after tanking to the lfs i decided to try it. But I also picked up a black and white clownfish to add at the same time. I have placed 2 mirrors in the tank to help with aggression, and I must say adding the three at the same time along with the 2 Mirrors seems to have worked. There is no aggression yet. All the clownfish follow the black and white one( the biggest of the group) I plan to give an update as things progress

in about 90% of the cases, id follow advice from people on here before a worker at the lfs.... not sure why you asked for educated opinions and then just completely negated them. i hope that it does work out for you, but make sure the 20 is ready

Its not that I am negating the information. I took the advice from here and put it into consideration. I figured it wAs worth a shot since I already have the clownfish might as well try. I asked the lfs an they said you can always try but you want to add three at a time so the aggression is spred between the three. I sincerely hope everything works out in the long run. If not I do have a 20gal stand by and the fugue. I plan to keep an update on everything.

Back
Top Bottom