Adding New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a Regal and a Velvet dottieback in QT and want to move them to the main tank now. Right now I have a 125 with 2 false percs, 1 yellow wrasse and a yellow tailed damsel in there with 2 cleaners, and 1 CBS. What is the best way to introduce the new guys into the tank? I don’t mean as far as acclimating them-floating the bag and adding water and such for about 1-2 hours is normally what I do. Is it best to do it at night or just make sure the lights are off?? Tell me what works best for you.
Also I have 90-100 lbs of LR and the system has been set up for about 1.2 years. Will adding 2 fish cause a spike?
Thanks

two small fish put in a tank set up for that long should not have any affect on the water parameters . As far as adding them in the tank, I have heard that moving the rock around and turning the lights off will help the new critters to be able to find a territory. If the other fish are agressive in the tank I would definately turn the lights out.

Back
Top Bottom