adding new friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
i would really like to add a tang or an angel to my 64 gallon tank. currently i have 2 clarkii clownfish, Three chromys, and 1 zebra goby, 20 kilo of live rock , many inverts, and two starfish ( not including the small ones in my rock) soon i am getting corals and maybe a replacement anemone ( i lost 1 up the filter) Will a tang or an angel get along with my fish. They make a fine community now.

I dont see any compatability issues but i wouldnt keep any other tang in that size tank other than a yellow. Even then itsgoing to be tight. Also i am not sure how kilos compare to pounds but i think you might want to get some more for that size tank. And finally, if you get an angel(should probably be dwarf) make sure its reef safe or atleast partially, many angels are known to nip at corals(which you said you were getting).

i have a powder blue, he is little, in a 55, you can keep small baby tangs but also understand that they will require a larger tank as they grow. If you do not have the ability to provide them with a larger home once they require it, I would skip the tang and go for a dwarf angle.

Back
Top Bottom