Advantages to adding a sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
One other idea, if room allows, add a sump. My son has a sump for his 12 gallon nano. Sump is bigger than the nano but that's a whole other story.

this may be a newbie question but what exactly are the advantages to adding a sump?

sump

ive been looking into sumps a little lately.. they sound liek a good idea but i dont understand what exactlyl they do and if its needed for a 14 gallon..

help is appreciated thanks :))))

I would say the primary benefits are that they add volume to your system (making it more stable) and they allow you to hide unsightly equipment out of your main tank.

I would say the primary benefits are that they add volume to your system (making it more stable) and they allow you to hide unsightly equipment out of your main tank.

Those are the two main reasons there

ok....... do u guys think its needed for a 14 gallon tank at this point?

I don't think a sump is need for anything under 40g unless you have a highly stocked reef tank or gluttonous feeders/defacating predators.

ok... so i dont need a sump so when i decide to get a protien skimmer i just put in the regular tank?

Back
Top Bottom