Advice needed very quickly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikebfc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a heater in my water bringing it up to temperature before I do a water change! And just brought it out and realised that the heater has a hole/crack in it will this of contaminated my water so unable to put it in my tank? Or should it be safe?

i personally would pitch it. those heaters have numerous heavy metals inside them and nobody could truly know whats in that water.

Bad thing is I've already taken 25% or my water out of my tank and won't be able to get anymore til Thursday ?

is your heater in your display tank? if it is, your tank will be fine till thursday. if the heater is in a sump/refugium, simply move it into the DT for a few days. if i knew i had a cracked heater in my incoming water, i would never risk it. especially if you have fish and corals in there.

It was in a bucket of saltwater from the LFS because it was about 6° instead of 26°

No I bought a new one to heat the water!!

Just say no to electrocution. My first heater broke in two weeks so I bought an Aqueon pro which isn't glass, it's plastic so I don't worry... Getting shocked sucks.

Back
Top Bottom