African Green Tree Question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pudge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I saw an african green tree coral at the lfs and wanted it so bad but i was good and didnt buy it before doing research on it, but i cant find any info on it anywhere can someone help me please.

Common Name: African Tree

Species Name: Capnella imbricata (Quoy & Gaimard, 1833)

Range: Indian Ocean and the Eastern African coast

Natural Environment: Inhabit coastal shore and reef slope rubble areas experiencing good water movement

General Husbandry: Has a temperature range of 68 to 83�F (20 - 28�C) and believe this was formally called Nephteidae arboreum or Lemnalia africana with its common name being 'African Tree.' It grows similar to Colt Coral, however, has a dry feel to its tissue, not the slimy feel associated with Colt Coral. This photosynthetic coral requires good water quality, medium light and moderate water movement.

As stated at Saltcorner.com, Bob Goeman's web site.. he has an exellent marine anamial library there.. HTH

Did it look like this? This is my yellow/green tree coral. It looks and behaves more like a sinularia than a capnella. The bottom pic is a normal green sinularia coral. ID'ing it will help in giving you care instructions. But, most of these soft branching corals are relatively hardy and easy to care for.

Thanks for the help and i can not see your pictures if you could try to post them again, thanks.

On the home page, under your name should be a drop down box that says change style.

Sorry have had CPU problems but that is not waht that coral was, i saw it again today but i didnt get a chance to talk to the guy that handles the corals so i still dont know much about it.

Back
Top Bottom