agressive tank selection help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Symon1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've a 75g with a 4in sandbed and about 45lbs of tufa and a couple of pounds of live rock seeding the tufa.

I'm filtering with a fluval 404 and keeping water moving along the lower tank with a maxi jet 400

this is to be an agressive system

I like triggers, lionfish, groupers,and puffers

what could I keep in the tank together

I like

Antennata Lion Pterois antennata
Radiata Lion Pterois radiata

Clown Trigger Balistoides conspicillum
Niger Trigger Odonus niger
Humu Picasso Trigger Rhinecanthus aculeatus

Dogface Puffer Arothron nigropunctatus

Panther Grouper Cromileptes altivelis

I know I can't have them all but can I have any?

dogface is to big or that tank, same with the panther IMO, u could prolly do one trigger and a smaller lion but I think I heard that the triggers do have tendancys to bite the ends off there fins...

why not do a snowflake eel and a volitan... that would be very nice (what I am doing actually)

otherwise get a pair of anglers, and a sea goblin (VERY POISIONOUS)

Dave

I think the Antennata and Radiata lions would be good ones in that size tank. The grouper and dogface would definitely need a bigger tank eventually. Why not just get one of each of the lions? And then maybe add another small species like the fuzzy or zebra dwarf? They would do well together and one of each would fill your tank. Just have to make sure they are about the same size as you add them. I don't know about the triggers. Good luck.

The Clown Trigger, grouper and puffer get real big over time.
If you plan on a upgrade or trade the fish in a Puffer can work out..

see I dont have a skimmer and prolly never will use one.. and I know people who have NEVER used one and dont loose fish.. I dont know how NEED BE they really are but I guess all and all they cant hurt

Dave

ur goin to need a skimmer with an agressize tank. most trigger get way to big for a 75 same with puffer and groupers. any lion would work along with 2 to 3 others depending on size.

I agree with everyone else...GET A GOOD SKIMMER!!! Your tank will really benifit from it, especially having an aggessive tank with all of those messy eaters. Just because it can be done without it does not mean it is best. As far as fish go...I love the clown triggers! an amazing fish with wonderful colors! That gets my vote...Lando

Check out the Remora or Bakpak. These seem to be the most popular in excellent skimming. Once you see this gunk that comes out of the collection cup, you will be glad you added it. 8)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom