ah crap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
nanoaipasia.sized.jpg

there are three of them on my largest rock. i don't have any kalk or anything. is there another method of getting rid of the ugly b*st*rds?

Although it is not near as effective as using kalk. You could try filling a turkey baster with scalding hot water and shooting them. Also, some peppermint shrimp love to eat aiptasia.

Hey Mike, I totally disagree, I used boiling water and it was INSTANTLY effective. Nothing ever showed up again.

Thanks for the input Hara. So tyler, there ya go, sounds like the cheapest possible way to get rid of them, FREE!

I have used baking soda and it works. Right after I squirt them with baking soda they start to "melt" away.

i have tried the hot water method and that worked like a charm the only thing is occasionally they will suck deep down into a crevice and you think you got it but a few days later they're back. but after a couple of times they're gone. another method that works really well is getting a pepermint shrimp. mine will eat aptasia within a day or two. i had it really bad on my rock when i first got it and within just a few days it was gone once i added that little guy. just be carefull that you get a pepermint because i think there is a simalar shrimp that looks very close and some stores will even sell them as pepermints. i don't know the name maybe someone else can help me out in that department. but that's just my 2 cents.

I believe I read somewhere that the true peppermint shrimp has a side to side rocking motion. He goes NUTS when the pontiac commercial comes on TV. :p

Back
Top Bottom