AI SOL Blue - JBJ 28 Gallon Settings Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizzle007

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got my AI SOL today that I will be mounting over my tank tonight. I found this entry schedule on another post somewhere and have scheduled it in to my controller.

Does this starting schedule seem to be to much?

Any advice would be great.

My current stock is just 2 percale clowns and a green torch coral (frag).

attachment.jpg

:fish2:

I don't have this light but this is the light u will be buying. I hope 1 over my 90 will be good enough for while until can afford 2nd light. From what i read these lights are strong. 30% you think too strong for day 1???

Please post pics. How will you hang?

What lights are you running currently? Leds are very strong and you could bleach corals quickly. I have a Radion for about a month and I am still on 20% max. I would dial it down to,start. Jmo

Rosesrblu1 said:
What lights are you running currently? Leds are very strong and you could bleach corals quickly. I have a Radion for about a month and I am still on 20% max. I would dial it down to,start. Jmo

I currently have the intermediate led hood for jbj 28 gallon.

I dialed it down to 30% peak. Should I go lower?

I have 2 ai sols over my 90g reef, I bought my first coral today and I've set it to 15% at peak, these lights are strong.
I'll be gradually increasing every week or two depending on how the coral does.

These are awesome lights by the way.

mrwizard said:
I have 2 ai sols over my 90g reef, I bought my first coral today and I've set it to 15% at peak, these lights are strong.

What lights were replaced?

Not sure If this helps. I have a BC29 with the same light. At noon it's at 50% on white and slightly higher for the blue and royal blue. Been that way for months now.

Convict2161 said:
Not sure If this helps. I have a BC29 with the same light. At noon it's at 50% on white and slightly higher for the blue and royal blue. Been that way for months now.

What settings did u start with?

What livestock do you have?

Any issues with the light on your tank?

Did you take a look at my plan and have any feed back?

Chizzle007 said:
What settings did u start with?

What livestock do you have?

Any issues with the light on your tank?

Did you take a look at my plan and have any feed back?

This should help.

image-3832265115.jpg

image-1807008861.jpg

image-3012869435.jpg

image-2682735825.jpg

image-2345470767.jpg

image-1213156573.jpg

image-1545138526.jpg

image-764163902.jpg

No issues as of yet and my tank is 8 months old now. I'd try whatever works for you. Every tank is different. Stock and corals are different.

I start off slow at 7am and very slowly ramp up until I hit 12 noon then it slowly ramps back down to moonlights finally at 8pm then total darkness from 3am-7am.

Convict2161 said:
This should help.

No issues as of yet and my tank is 8 months old now. I'd try whatever works for you. Every tank is different. Stock and corals are different.

I start off slow at 7am and very slowly ramp up until I hit 12 noon then it slowly ramps back down to moonlights finally at 8pm then total darkness from 3am-7am.

Your tank is nice.

So you started at 50% from the beginning?

No, I started at 10 for a week then 20 then 30 and so on and so on until I hit 50 on the whites.

The blue is 70 and the royal blue is 85 and has been then that way for months. I like more blue in my tank then white. You can see in the video and pics the blue comes trough I think rather nicely IMO.

Convict2161 said:
No, I started at 10 for a week then 20 then 30 and so on and so on until I hit 50 on the whites.

The blue is 70 and the royal blue is 85 and has been then that way for months. I like more blue in my tank then white. You can see in the video and pics the blue comes trough I think rather nicely IMO.

I think I know the direction I need to go. Thanks for the advice.

mrwizard said:

Do you think 1 Sol would be ok over a 90g for a while? If it is put high enough would light cover to entire tank? I will add 2 eventually just can't afford 2 from the get go.

Mpfaff77 said:
Do you think 1 Sol would be ok over a 90g for a while? If it is put high enough would light cover to entire tank? I will add 2 eventually just can't afford 2 from the get go.

What are the dimensions of your tank, my 90 is only 3 ft across the front, if yours is the same I think it'll be fine until you get your 2nd unit, you may have some dark spots around the edges but I doubt it'll cause any problems.
I'll attach a pic of my tank with both lights on and another with one light on so you kind of get an idea of how it looks. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• image-2461523172.jpg
    image-2461523172.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 110
  • image-692379975.jpg
    image-692379975.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 73
I have a 4 ft 90. I think would be ok for some months till I hot 2 nd light.

Back
Top Bottom