Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I need an aiptasia killer. Not a formula, I'm looking more for something like a shrimp or fish, along those lines. And a question please, how does aptasia spread in the tank if there is only one to begin with?

$imple

I've been told peppermint shrimp. On a slight side note, I'm just about to get one of those since my original (I thought quite genious) plan was to use Dust-Off to freeze them. Well, I froze them, and it didn't kill em. Can you believe that?

Peppermint shrimp and Joes Juice. The peppermints will (usually) eat the smaller aiptasias. You can use the Joes to kill off the larger ones.

peperment shrimp will only beable to eat the small ones and only keep the big ones from spreding to fast. how many gallons is your tank? and how much aptaisia is there? ive found that if you take a knife and stab them in the foot they pop off quiet easly.

I agree w/ logan. I know you don't want to use a chemical but it works awesome. I had an outbreak in my 30g prop tank and got a couple peppermints. After a couple weeks and not getting better I got some joe's juice and killed them all within 5 minutes.

If you don't have corals, certain butterfly fish will eat aptasia.

A racoon butterflyfish will eat even very large aptasias. A copperband butterflyfish will also eat them, but are more delicate than the racoon.

My small racoon butterflyfish ate aptasias that were nearly as big as it was! This is my favorite fish now.

Back
Top Bottom