aiptasia and mojanos gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joy13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a tank which I like to call my junk tank anything I don't know what to do with ends up in that tank from rock to an abundance of blue cloves. I put a couple of fish in there a blue devil and a lemonpeel recently. Last night when I was doing my tank cleaning on that tank I noticed the pests anemones were gone. I am wondering if the lemonpeel ate the aiptasia and the manjano. I know they move but I have looked all over th tank I can't even find one. It wasn't over run but there was probably about a dozen total. I have never treated the tank for either of them just figured since they weren't taking over I would just let them be. I am thinking it is the lemonpeel and not the blue devil that ate them since the lemonpeel was picking on a maxi mini anemone in another tank. Hopefully it will take care of some green star polyps, blue cloves and encrusting gorgonnian next.

interesting...not sure. But i will be interested in finding out if the lemon peel ate the majano....I kinda like a few majano...i know they are pests, but kinda fun...problem is I have to do a clean out ever few months to get rid of excess amounts of them. I had an aptasia problem, but the peppermint shrimp took care of that...but the majan just grow and grow. I like when I can find natural ways to get rid of pests.

I noticed a difference in the lemonpeels poo but not the blue devil's. Neither of the fish I would put in a reef tank that I really cared about the corals. The lemonpeel are known to nip and eat coral and my blue devil likes to bury them ore bomb them with shell fragments. Like I said it is my junk tank. Now if I could just catch my coral banded shrimp to go in there:ermm:

That shrimp is out to drive me nuts, I have tried the net, bottle trap and even tried grabbing him with my hand. He likes it in that tank.

Back
Top Bottom