alage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScubaBaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i have a question about alage. i have a whole lot of it and its becoming a pain in the butt to keep under control. it look like hair alage and its growing every where! how do i keep it under control and if possible how do i get rid of it?
i did have about 20 snails and 30 hermits but all my hermits killed all my snails. lol
thanks for you help
michael

Couple of things, Need to keep your organics down so (1) Need to feed your fish less often. I feed mine every other day. (2) Get a skimmer which will skim a lot of the organics out of the water. (3) Get a UV light which will take care of the algea spores. (4) Do some water changes with good (no tap water) salt water and put a old tooth brush on the end of your siphon hose and try to scrub some of the algea off the rock as you take your water out. I say all this from past experience. The first three have kept algea out for over 6 years. Good luck

I have read somewhere to use about a cup of white vinegar in a 100 gal tank to keep algae down, Has anyone tryed this & does it work?

Back
Top Bottom