Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgaz41

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Minnor green and brown hair algae problems any advise to eradicate this problem? All test are coming up good not sure if I'm getting false positives on my phosphates tho

Reduce feeding.
Increase water changes.
Double check your levels at the LFS or a friend.
Maybe reduce hours of light, but that is my last resort.
Get a herd of Astria snails, they take about a week, but will overpower almost any algae problem in sufficient quantity.

I feed once every other day I have 2 clown fish and a yellow chromis.. I run 2 96watt power compacts one a super daylight and one antinic I run the antic for an hour before it switchz to both for 6 hours then back to the antinic for an hour then to moonlights I don't think I'm running to much I also think once I get my skimmer set up and my phosban reactor will help with the algae I do a 10-15gallon water change every 10 days or so with rodi water and use rodi to top my system off any idea??

That is the algae I have growing it was pretty thick on the sand I did my water change and got what I can out by hand and siphon but I don't wanna keep disturbing the sand bed any ideas please?

Attachments

• image-2181706042.jpg
    image-2181706042.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 74
Well here where I have my hydors placed any idea where I can get better placement and the tank has been set up for 4 months now

Attachments

• image-1172533199.jpg
    image-1172533199.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 70
Sniperhank said:
Looks like diatoms. They'll go away once they consume all silicates in the tank. Increasing the flow in your tank won't hurt either it looks like.

Yes, when you are doing a water change siphon them out of the system, they will carry the selenium with them.

How about my hydors where do u think the best placement would be for them to get the best flow

Back
Top Bottom