Algae help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be patient. Took awhile to fully get rid of, but it'll disappear. How old is ur tank?

Just may be a bloom. U get ur trates down, it'll go away. Could u send a pic of it?

Rscomia said:
Yeah give me a minute whats the best way to get my nitrates down?

Calerpa and water changes. 15 gallon each week is what I did. I know I'm spelling that wrong, but it's a wiry, Brillo looking plant. Loves trates. Can get it on most fish sites, like reefcleaners.

Alright finally got it hard to see it very good cause my lights went off

Attachments

• 2011-09-06 20.12.34.jpg
    2011-09-06 20.12.34.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 61
Yep GHA. Rock takes the longest to get rid of. U can scrape off with tooth brush. I just let nature take it's course and it all went away. Like I said, u can see my before and after pics on my profile.

Rscomia said:
How long did it take to run its course?

About a month... I was p!ssed... But took my time, asked like you are, and now it's gone, like overnight. If it's turning reddish brown, it's on it's way out.

Rscomia said:
Cool one up side to it is I upgraded my skimmer and I got my own ro/di unit trying to cure it

I don't have a skimmer, but that RO system saves u time and energy, promise you that.

One thing that helps a lot is phosban reactor. Took care of my problem single handedly

Back
Top Bottom