Originally Posted by rncarter
I am not sure why I am having prolonged algae outbreak in my 29gallon biocube. The temp is 80 degrees, lighting is on 10:30am - 9pm I want reduce that time but when I do my star polyps close. I am also using RO
water. Is the light the problem
R u talking about the purple stuff on the glass? If so, that's Coralline Algae, not cyano
is a red slime algae that spreads quickly throughout the entire tank due to too much light.
Other than the coralline algae, I can't see anything else :/