Algae outbreak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rncarter

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am not sure why I am having prolonged algae outbreak in my 29gallon biocube. The temp is 80 degrees, lighting is on 10:30am - 9pm I want reduce that time but when I do my star polyps close. I am also using RO water. Is the light the problem

Attachments

• image-1996404150.jpg
    image-1996404150.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-1393856706.jpg
    image-1393856706.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 140
I am not sure why I am having prolonged algae outbreak in my 29gallon biocube. The temp is 80 degrees, lighting is on 10:30am - 9pm I want reduce that time but when I do my star polyps close. I am also using RO water. Is the light the problem

R u talking about the purple stuff on the glass? If so, that's Coralline Algae, not cyano..

Cyano is a red slime algae that spreads quickly throughout the entire tank due to too much light.

Other than the coralline algae, I can't see anything else :/

Have you tested the nitrates and phosphates? If you are using RO water are you buying it or do you have an RO system? If you have an RO system I would add DI. RO does not get everything out of the water the DI will get out everything left behind. How old are the bulbs?

A great book on Algae

Back
Top Bottom