Algae Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

casper3t

Aquarium Advice Regular
i got some algae problem and its looks like its gonna kill my coral, does anyone have any idea what i should do about it? beside scrubing it? here a picture of the algae

img_516641_0_7b9dee80a657a661fa49322ac685c3ae.jpg
[/img]

First you need to find out where the fuel is coming from that feeds the algae, test tank and top off water for nitrates, phosphates. Are you using tap or ro/di water?
What are you feeding the tank?
Yank it off the LR for now and scrubbing the lr can help for a quick fix. You need to find the source, so you can get rid of the nutrients feeding the algae.
Some info about the tank may help????????

Rubberband a old toothbrush to your hose that you do water changes with and when you do one scrub the rock and let the loose algea go up the tube. Just do this till you see it gone. But you do need to find out what is causing it. How often are you feeding? You should feed every other day. Been doing this in my tank for many years.Good luck

i had some hair algea, not that bad.

did one 40% water change, and now its gone. dont where it came from but glad it wasnt the live rock :)

Back
Top Bottom