algae scrapers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all, I was going to buy a mag-float algae scubber, I was wondering if that is a good one. I was also wondering if ocean nutrition is a good brand of flake food?

I use the mag-float for average cleaning. I use the Kent metal blade scraper (on glass!) for stubborn areas and coralline algae.

I just bought the mag-float about a month ago. I too questioned its ability to do what it promised. I was pleasently suprised at its ease of use. I alternate using it on a different tank every day letting it dry out between tanks to avoid any cross contamination in my tanks. Using it like I do each tank gets hit about once every 2 weeks and it keeps the glass crystal clear.

One thing I suggest is buying the next size up for your tank. So if you have a tank that it says takes the middle size order or get the next size up. The thing ot be careful of is ot make sure you dont crack the glass when the two halfs come together.

I like the magfloat for general daily/every other day cleaning of the glass. I use the kent metal edge scrapper for the tough stuff weekly/monthly. If you have an acrylic tank make sure you get the acrylic version and also make sure sand does not get between the scrapper and the acrlyic.

I too use the magfloat for everyday stuff and recently got teh Kent for tough coraline that's trying to overtake the front and sides..

Cmor

Back
Top Bottom