Algea on top of my star polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait_Ls1

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do I do? It's keeping tem from sprouting out. How do I go about getting the bit of algea of my star polyps so they can come out?

Get your water parameters in check, then pull the rock out and pull all the algae you can off with tweezers next water change.

I don't think I can pull the rock out. It's huge and I would have to move way to much other Rock to do so. There isn't another way? I pick off some with my finger nails the best I could. I am afraid I might hav damaged the polyps a bit tho :(

Just use the tweezers in the tank then, shouldn't be a problem. Just blow on them with a turkey baster, get all the debris off and make them close up, then take the tweezers to the algae and siphon out what you are plucking off.

My fox face and brown scopas eat any algea in the tank. It's the only spot that had algea in the tank. Even my lawn mower blenny won't eat it off tHe polyps. Lowered my temp a couple degrees since it was sittin at 98. I guess that should help a little. And I've been keeping my HOB skimmer on as long as I can. To try and kill it off. I think I dd accidentaly damaged the polyps. I'm so frustrated bc they finally just starter growing back since the first random death of them.

Sweet! Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to try that tomorrow. Hopefully this helps an I will update this on here soon

Keep it as stable as possible. I keep mine at 78, but stability is key. 76 should be ok if thats where you want to keep it.. just try not to let it change more than a degree or two in 24 hours.

Ya! I didn't even notice I said that. Ya. It was at 78 on the heater but the temp kept staying around almost 79/80. So I lowered the heater. Maybe that will help. It will stay where it's at now for now.

Got the toothbrush I'm bout to scrub on em.

Back
Top Bottom