Alk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
So im 5 months into my second tank. Ive done this before but doing sps dominant but my alk has been between 11.5 to 11.9 is this too high? Best way to lower alk slowly? Or am i ok? Im dosing two part with the neptune DOS

Parameters as follows:
Salinity 1.025
Phos 0.00
Alk 11.9
Cal 430
Mag 1350
Nitrates 0.03

Is there a reason that you need to be dosing? If there isn't a drastic pull on your parameters you shouldn't need to be doing it. It just looks to me like you are dosing too much alk and not enough calcium due to whatever draw you have.

Really no reason other than had some swings before from my previous tank that didnt do well that was a few yrs back.

I wouldn't worry about it unless there is a huge draw on your elements.
What is the daily/weekly draw off of your elements? That will tell you what should be happening, be it not dosing and relying on weekly water changes or how much/what you should be dosing.

Ok thanks.. ill stop the alk dosing for now and let it lower by itself

I'd still recommend stopping everything to see where your system will normally rest at to see if dosing is necessary at all. It will also let you see what the draw from the system is if dosing is still the path you choose to do.

Back
Top Bottom