Alk Dosing Options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been using B-Ionic to dose for Alk and Ca for the longest time, but since I changed my salts from IO to Oceanic, I dont have the need to dose for Ca any longer. And buying B-Ionic for just the alkalinithy buffer is not cost effective. What do other people use to dose for Alk? What are my other options? The cheaper the better.

I use Kent dkh buffer, it's a powder and seem to work pretty good.

If you can find them you can make your own cheap alk buffer using 1 part Arm & Hammer Washing soda and 6 parts Arm & Hammer baking soda, mix dry and add one teaspoon per 20g to raise DKH by 1. Make sure you add the mix to a small cup of FW and then pour that into an area of good flow, or your sump.

If you can find them you can make your own cheap alk buffer using 1 part Arm & Hammer Washing soda and 6 parts Arm & Hammer baking soda, mix dry and add one teaspoon per 20g to raise DKH by 1. Make sure you add the mix to a small cup of FW and then pour that into an area of good flow, or your sump

who comes up with this !! i like it but who would of thought ??

who comes up with this !! i like it but who would of thought

A lot of hobbiest with more time on their hands than money...

:wink:

RR recipe works great. It doesn't effect the pH too terrible much either since the baking soda (which raises pH) and washing soda (which lowers pH) negate each other to a degree.

Back
Top Bottom