alkalinity and calcium levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonzo82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering what was a good range for the above parameters. I have been dosing kalkweiser but i think that it has lowered my pH and is doing more harm than good. I just bought an alkalinity test kit so i can check the buffereing capacity but i am wondering what a good range to shoot for is.
Thanks

Cal 240 mg/L
Alk 115mg/L
pH between 7.5 and 8 not sure of exact reading

Alk of 115 mg/L is alright. Your Ca is too low though. I switched from using Kalk to a product made by kents called turbo Calcium. very potent and it wont raise your Alk/KH.
I made the mistake of using Kalk and my Alk/KH went way to high!

You should also try to find the major cause why your Ca is so low. The other thing I did was change salt. IO has a bad reputation for being low in Ca.

Stick around Steve-s might add more to this or correct me.

With CA and ALK balance is the key. Your CA is a bit too low, so is your Ph. Try a series of 15% PWC every few days to see if this corrects the problem. Under normal circumstances regulr PWC are all you need to keep PH buffered and CA/ALK balanced. If things do not come around we ca try something else.

Back
Top Bottom