All the Feed back I can get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharktale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want all the feed back I can get. Please I want tips.

1 year old Reef tank 65g saltwater, fluval LED coral lighting, Current USA Single Ramp Timer Aquarium LED Controller, current LED moon light, 1 hydor,koralia circulation pump 1 smart wave by hydor,1 smart level by hydro,1 heater for external canister by hydor, hydor slim-skim Skimmer, 2 fluval canister filter 100g 383 gph each , Fluval G-Series Advanced Filtration System for 80g 185 gph, live sand, live rock,

fish 2 clownfish, 1 sand sifting starfish, 1 blue tang, 3 blue damsel fish, hermit crabs, turbo snails, nassarius snails, emerald crab, skunk cleaner shrimp,
And all the coral u can see in the tank
Lights and on from 1030 am to 7 pm
Salinity is 0.123 to 0.124
pH 8.2
Carbon 430
It's about 80
I been using Instant Ocean Reef Crystals mix w RO Di water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427160994.348782.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427160994.348782.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 150
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427161012.820760.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427161012.820760.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 142
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427161031.217732.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427161031.217732.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 152
You need more light. That's why all the corals are not brilliant and they are stretched outward as much as possible trying to increase surface area. I would also add a bit more rock, and of course pick a fish more suitable for a 65 gallon tank than a regal tang.

I would add quite a bit more live rock and build it up. You have nice colors in the tank and your corals look healthy (other than mr x's observation). I have two of the Kessil 360s. They put out great shimmer and give a natural sun streaked look but don't have a very wide footprint.

Yep, build up more rock and the corals will also be closer to the light source which will help. And I completely agree about the tang. That guy will get huge if given the proper tank. :)

Thank you! guys I'll try to get some more rock what fish do u guys think is good for a 65

Glad you are asking for advice, but, we all must research what we have in our set up BEFORE we purchase them. The wrong fish in the wrong environment will only lead to death or/and ich. The same with coral conditions, many people post can you id this coral. If we buy a coral and have no idea what it is, how do we know if our tanks can support it. Buying blindly in my opinion is irresponsible. You have the wrong fish in the wrong environment. Not picking on you, but too many people have fish/corals that their system just can not support, and everyone claims they are going to upgrade soon, but very few do. Once again not picking on you, we all must be more responsible keepers of our oceans, or they will soon be gone. We are increasing are part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

Perhaps you could replace the tang with a foxface? Should do ok in a 65 and is a good large centre piece fish...

All great advice. The Kole or Foxface are much better fish for you and your tank size. The Kessel should cure your light problems, just start super slow so you don't nuke your corals with too much light.

Lots of water exchanges and a good salt mix and you should be set for the bioload you have.

I got my kessil today the a360we but before I instal it I'll get the remote that has the option to acclimate the corals to the new light in 15 days or so

Kessil a360we after a week they all love it

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428867387.099638.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428867387.099638.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom