alot of baby shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
does anybody know what a baby pepermint shrimp looks like? I came home from work tonight and found around 300 specs swirling around in a corner of our 120. After closer inspection they are some kind of shrimp they have eyes, tenticals, tails and long front arms where claws should be, they are too small to get a detailed look but they appear to be white but slightly transparent with either grey or blue bands around the mid-section and like floating with their arms down. I tried to get a pic but with the cheap camera that I use they're just too small at around 2-3mm. I did get around 150 of them into a small plastic tank before the powerheads and pumps got them. the only shrimp that are in that tank are 1 skunk cleaner and either 6 or 7 peppermints and nothing has been added to the tank in a month. any ideas? I know without a pic it is impossible to know for sure but any oppinions on this matter might set my mind at ease. thanks for any help!

Those are most definitely baby Mantis shrimp.

just kidding, lol

Atari said:
Those are most definitely baby Mantis shrimp.

just kidding, lol

LOL, can you try to get a pic? Would be helpful. If they are Pepermints, you could go into business!! :p

Heh.. yea I think they are Peppermints, but no idea how to raise them.

can you get like a 10 gallon tank to place them in? Haven't a clue either on how to raise them, but this seems like a logical first step.

most of the time if you have shrimp eggs dont they just be come fish food? and from what i hear they is not a good chance that they will grow. most will die from what i understand.

my thousands of Emerald crabs were gone in 24 hours....

I'd collect em and then Dr Fosters sells brine shrimp food u can feed them...

XXFirefighter said:
my thousands of Emerald crabs were gone in 24 hours....

I'd collect em and then Dr Fosters sells brine shrimp food u can feed them...

You had to be relieved, I know how you feel about crabs. 8O 8O 8O

yep all the babys that were left in the main tank must of all been eaten or sucked into powerheads or pumps because I can't find even one. All of the ones that I pulled out seem to still be fine. I have set our brine shrimp hatchery up so they will have food in another 12 hours or so. If they continue to live for awhile mabe I will borow a better camera so that I can get a clear pic. thanks again for the replys except the mantis one, what are you trying to give me a heart attack?

LOL, sorry couldn't help it :lol:

I dunno if they are too small for brine.. you might have to try rotifers.

wow that was alot of reading and I belive worth every second of it. Thanks alot for the links aquamemnon.

wow that was alot of reading and I belive worth every second of it. Thanks alot for the links aquamemnon.

Back
Top Bottom