Amazing Clownfish Survival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juster

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 6 months ago I bought 2 False Percula Clownfish for my tank. One of them seems to like to jump into my overflow every once and awhile. Well a month ago I noticed I was mising a clown and thought I saw him in the overflow again. When I went to get him out he was no where to be found. I searched the entire tank, sump and overflow but could not find him. I assumed he was lost forever. Yesterday when I was feeding the tank I saw him in the overflow, still alive. Don't ask how I managed to miss him for a whole month when I spend at least 1 hour everyday feeding and watching the tank. Anyhow, he is now backiin the main part of the tank.

Now the question. He has lost a fair bit of the black color from the ends of all his fins and they have actually gone transparent. I am assumung that this is from lack of food and that as he gets his strength back up it will return. Am I right?

Juster

wow thats insane. give him food maybe sepearte him from the others if you can so you know he is getting the food.

Back
Top Bottom