Anchoring a Feather duster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmor1701d

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got 3 Hawaiian feather dusters. I can't seem to get them placed just right. It seems that wherever I put them, the changing water flow moves them a bit so they are pointing down or the opening is against a rock, etc.

Is there a safe way to anchor them?
Can I wedge one between two small rocks?
Should I just leave them alone?

i wedge them under a small rock carfullly of course !! they will attach them selfs in time :)

you can do that, or bury them in the sand bed in the vicinity of a rock. thats what i have done. they will eventually attach, dont worry.

I found mine would keep falling into a rock, but then when I tried to move it, it was already attached, (just a couple of days in the tank). It has twisted itself around now to have a free opening and looks great. Just bury them in the sand near a rock and they will attach or put them in the live rock and they will attach...

Either under a rock or between rocks higher up. I've got 5 of'm in my 75g. Left, right, high, and low. Different colors. Couple of hitchhikers and one that I thought was dead months ago showed up in a new rock. I love those things.

Seems as if they don't like where they are, they'll blow their top and move to a new spot.

When pushing them under the sand or wedging between rock, I think you might have to be just a little careful not to squeeze the worm inside too hard. You should be able to feel the "mass" inside the tube when handling it.

Back
Top Bottom