Anemone ate my Flame Angel !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krourke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:slurp:
This is what my Long Tenteacle Anemone did.
It was Perfectly healthy last night and when I pried it away from the anemone the other side was partially digested, i.o.w. it had been eating my flame angel for some time.
There was no time for it to go from healthy to sick to being eaten that much, not in 12 hours.
It was never going to get my angel into it's mouth, but that wasn't stopping it from trying. Evil, evil anemone....

Attachments

• 28122010.jpg
    28122010.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 211
Not evil. Maybe it was just hungry. Or maybe it was protesting against nem keeping.

Sorry for the loss either way. :(

One touch from the anenome would have done it in. It`s the chance you take when you have an anenome. It might not got the whole fish in there but it would have tried. Sorry about your loss.

After the autopsy, did you let him finish his meal?

Yeah, eating is not exactly evil. He just got a very expensive snack.

Nice jab HN1.

When I stocked my 40g with 11 anemones + aptasia, I had only read that they ate sick or dying fish. I had no idea they ate live fish, especially one bigger then it was!
I'll probably keep one anemone thats hosting my clowns, but the rest are slowly migrating back to the LFS.
Even if I wanted to let the nem keep eating him, he wouldn't have been able to swallow him so it would have ended up spiking my NH4 levels.
Does that sound right?

Back
Top Bottom