anemone/clowns/lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electrikat

Aquarium Advice Addict
We are setting up a 20g regular tank. We only want a few lr, an anemone and a clown or two. We have bought a pc 130watts total lighting unit. Here's the question. We have a sebae anemone that we seldom see and are thinking of transferring it to the 20. We need some suggestions on the types of clowns that most commonly host in a sebae. We would really like to have a maroon, but have heard that they may not host a sebae. Also it would be good to have two and we have heard that you have to get a true mated pair or they will tear each other up. Any ideas, hints or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

There is really no way to ensure the clown/anemone relationship. I have a sebae and an ocellaris that ignored each other for a long time and then one day he was interested and now they are inseparable. The clownfish that hosts almost always is the pink skunk clownfish but I'm not sure which anemone(do a google search). Other than that it's 50/50. If you want to have two of them make sure you introduce them at the same time and usually(aside from occasional aggression) you won't have any problems.HTH

I'd get a rose anemone if my intentions were to get a clown to host in it... they have a weak sting and have a high percentage of getting a clown to host.

I've seen clarki clowns host in seabaes if you want to use the anemone you have.

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but wouldn't a 20g be awful unstable for an anemone????

Back
Top Bottom