anemone for a small tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philc21

Aquarium Advice Activist
what anemone do you think is most suitable for a small tank i have a 16g and i really would like to get an anemone for my clown so it has to be an anemone thata clown will take to but keep in mind my perc clown loved its condylactis if there is any anemones you think i could do ur help would be great

If you have stable water conditions, and at least 5 watts/gallon of VHO or PC, hallides even better, then I would recommend a Bubble tip anemone, they do fairly well in aquariums, and require less light then most other anemones.

i have 5 watts per gallon and the tank is pretty stable when im home i had gone on vacation for a week and the temp had risen to high 80's without the person who was watching my tank knowing i think thats wut killed my anemone because my condy my starfish and my emrald crab were all dead the same day

make sure that whatever anemone you get is compatable with the type of clown you have. condys are native to floridian waters, while all clowns are from pacific waters- your lucky that with this mismatch your clown wasn't eaten up by the anemone.

i would go with the bubbletip, or the LTA (long tentacle anemone) both are native to the same waters as the clownfish and these are the most common homes perculas in the wild, and are the easiest of the pacific anemones to take care of.

HTH, good luck!

Actually perculas (ocellaris) host Heteractis magnifica and Stichodactyla gigantea. The maroon clown hosts bubble tips in the wild, LTA usually used by skunks, and clarkiis. If he was hosting a condy I don't think you will have any problem getting him to take to a BTA. LTA really need MH lights, so if you don't have halides go with the BTA.

thanx i think i am going to go with the bubble wut temp is too high for an anemone do you guys know cause i want to no at wut point my tank got tooo hot

Back
Top Bottom