Anemone for 'small' tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am just wondering if there is an anemone that is safe for a 29 gallon tank, can be kept with corals, and is known to form a relationship with clowns?

Hmmm, that might kind of tight quarters, they sometimes like to move around and can sting corals. Also you should have a mature tank of about 6-12 months and proper lighting. One other thing, the clowns might not even host it.

Abotu the mature tank and the clown not hositng I know, I am just inquiring as to if it would be worth setting up a 29 gallon tank with this as the ultimate goal. (Larger tanks are out of the quistion since I already have a 75 and live in a college dorm...)

So just inquiring into if it owuld be possible? I know that at the best case, this would be a borderline size that could be used, since most of them seem to grow to up to afoot in diameter?

this is all a hypothetical tank atm. I have the tank right now, it is not set up, well it is FW atm, there is not lighting for it or anything else, I need to know if I can do what I watnt ot do before I even start doing pricing much less purchasing and setup of the tank

I think, if you can shoot for 6WPG, that would be a decent number for one, someone feel free to correct me.

I've got a small (maybe 8" across) long tentacle anemone in a 10gal with a hosting Clarki clown.
It's got 130w of 50/50 lighting and currently it's got corals, but that's going to be changing very soon.
In his "travels" he's come in contact with several types of corals, except for one, without any ill effects.
The one red rhodactis mushroom that's in there reacts badly to being stung.
Twice it's happened and both times he's shriveled up and expelled all of his "intestines" like a tangle of white thread.
Both times tho he's recovered within 24 hours of being moved out of the "danger zone".
Like I said, most of my corals aren't bothered by being touched by his tentacles, but probably this weekend I will be moving them all to my big tank anyway and just leaving the anemone and the clown in the 10gal.

How long would it take a long tentacle anemone to outgrow a 29 given ideal conditions without causing harm

Back
Top Bottom