Anemone got stuck in Power Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Y nem got sucked into my power head and it's bad I have my clown with it to try to get it to host to help it. The one pic is what it Usualy looks like he's still atatching his foot but not to well what should I do I had to tear down my tank

Attachments

• image-1777505218.jpg
    image-1777505218.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image-1876990206.jpg
    image-1876990206.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 142
Do a major water change. Take the fish out of that cup b/c it's very stressful and clowns don't even host condy anemones anyway. Hosting it won't help.

Ok I did a 50 percent water change and took every thing out shoul I put the nem and the clown in with the others it's worth a try bc the same thing happened the my teachers condy and the clown hosted it

Attachments

• image-891201121.jpg
    image-891201121.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 129
Just put the clownfish back in the tank. This is not a good opportunity for it to host it. The anemone can (if it hasn't already) release toxins that can harm fish. That's what the PWC was for. Might be beneficial to put more carbon in to absorb the toxins.

Should I put the nem in a cup but then what put it back in the tank then or what bc I have no were else to put it long term

obscurereef said:
Do a major water change. Take the fish out of that cup b/c it's very stressful and clowns don't even host condy anemones anyway. Hosting it won't help.

That's not a true statement. Clowns will host a condy, I have pics in my thread to prove it.... But he's right, the condy can nuke the tank. If there are pieces left, get them out.

There are no pieces all out but idk what to do with the nem now

Attachments

• image-1539199022.jpg
    image-1539199022.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 145
  • image-681641040.jpg
    image-681641040.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1309039689.jpg
    image-1309039689.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 100
Hmm I read that clowns don't host them except for some occasions. Guess I misread something. Sorry for the misleading info. Hope everything turns out all right.

obscurereef said:
Hmm I read that clowns don't host them except for some occasions. Guess I misread something. Sorry for the misleading info. Hope everything turns out all right.

I heard the exact same thing. I got the condy and my maroon flocked to it. Harassed it so much I had to move it. Was not a happy condy... Lol..

As for the nem, if its chopped up I would flush it. I have had this happen to. Not worth taking a chance of it killing everything. Jmo...

I threw it away it was hard bc I've had it for so long but whatever it was still alive when I threw it

Elykreefs97 said:
I threw it away it was hard bc I've had it for so long but whatever it was still alive when I threw it

I'm sorry... Know how u feel.

Thank I think it's a good opportunity to start on corals though

Back
Top Bottom