Anemone ID Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiker_man

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some help in identifying a small anemone in my tank. Image is attached. I got it a couple of months ago from a fellow reefer. It was about 1/4 the size it is now. He did not know what kind it is. I have been unable to find anything similar either on-line or in books. It has light green tentacles with pinkish tips. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• anemone-1a.jpg
    anemone-1a.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 174
Id look up majano anemones.... Last time I googled it there was pics of that. But it's so pretty I couldn't think of killing it even if its a pest!

It's a tulip anemone, and they are very pretty. And yes they are a pest, I've got 9 I have to nuke. If only they didn't spread so quickly. lol

See? Lol. This is the pic. There's a bunch if you google pink tip majano.

Attachments

• image-1084698021.jpg
    image-1084698021.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 52
Thanks everyone for your replies. Right now I've just got the one sitting on a small rock in front of the tank. As long as he doesn't start multiplying I'll hang on to him.

Definitly majano nem. Git rid of then while u can. Once they start to spread it can be a little hard to get rid of

Back
Top Bottom