anemone or not...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pair of small clows which are a treat but im wondering about anomene's...should I add one or not. I love watching them interact with one but i dont want it to "eat" my clown goby or mandarin. im not worried about the yellow tail damsel..actually Id like to get one to eat him.. I know its always a chance when adding one but im not sure if that would be too much for my tank to hold being that it isnt very wide, its more tall..I have all the technical specs for one, water parameters, lighting, etc/ but the "by the book" guidlines seem to be off for my tank. What do you all think? and if you veterans think I can handle one what kind do you reccomend? I read that a bubble tip or carptet or a long tent would be ideal for a false percula

here's a couple pictures of the tank

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 131
I wouldnt suggest a carpet. They can kill even healthy fish. They also get huge. A BTA would work aslong ask you keep it from taking the tank over. They can get huge. The BTA has the ability to kill fish but most healthy ones can get away.

thanks, i just finished reading about carpets and yea. i deffinately dont have room for a 1 foot across anemone, im too worried about the mandarin, he just doesnt seem like he'll get caught but the clown goby has a tendance to perch in my acropra and star polyps. so Id hate for him to get confussed and perch right in the middle of the BTA but thanks for the info.. i guess im going to have to risk it huh lol

Your tank looks to clean to be very old. How old is your tank. How long since you cycled it. I don't think it was wise to get a mandarin so fast. I don't think you have any pods for it to eat. Don't get me wrong I think your tank is coming along nicely. What type of lights do you have and how many Watts is it.

You are going to need a lot more light to keep an anemone. Also you don't want to add an anemone to a tank that is less then 8-12 months old. They do not like fluctuations in water conditions.

I agree with Allen that lighting and maturity of tank will be a problem. Also there is no guarantee they will host with the clowns. Mine would ignore the anenome and host with different corals.

Back
Top Bottom