Anemone Problem - I don't want to hurt him

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandyStacyE

Aquarium Advice Activist
:cry:

I have a pink tipped anemone. He has grown big, strong, and healthy. My VHO bulbs took a dump. Among a couple other issues, like an idiot, I procrastinated (due to price of the tubes) and placed temporary lighting in its stead. My anemone retreated to the bottom of my glass aquarium and is stuck to the glass.

I have since then replaced the tubes and everything is functioning properly. The poor guy is now smaller and I would like to remove him from the glass. I made an attempt to get him on a scallop shell. He started to take hold of it for a while then decided to scoot along the glass over a period of time. My clown misses him.

Can I carefully shave him off of the glass with a new sharp razor blade? Not cut him, unless it is suggested (I doubt it), but just tightly shave him from the surface.

My tank has live sand (I took from Florida Key Reefs) as base, I used pvc supports to elevate egg crate as a platform for my rocks off of the base. The anemone is under the egg crate and my clown kept burrowing the sand out of the way until he cleared it down to the glass which is now where the anemone is.

I would leave him alone and let him figure out where he wants to be. Chances are if he is stuck you will just end up doing more damage.

The reason I am concerned is because he has been there under my rocks for about 4 months and can not get out. My clown as I mentioned, dug out the base and left the poor guy in a crater, stuck to the glass.

He is only a fraction the size he was. I think that if I can not move him to light, I'll move everything out of the way and bring the light to him.

My anemone retreated to the bottom of my glass aquarium and is stuck to the glass.

The anemone is not"stuck", it will move if it wants too.

Can I carefully shave him off of the glass with a new sharp razor blade?

This is very ill advised, the odds that you wouldn't inadvertantly cut the anemones food are great. The anemone will move if it needs too. I had a BTA go into the rocks on me once for over a month, when it finally came back out, it was a quarter the size as when it went on it's sabbatical but eventually returned to it's normal size and then some.

Cool, I'm just a worry wart. I usually jump to move something or fix something that bothers me. I'll just hope for the be and wait for him to move.

Thank you all for your responses :mrgreen:

one thing to try is to get your power head and direct the flow kinda away from him and see if he will move to get back into the flow.

Back
Top Bottom