Anemone question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Haven't seen many bubbletips stretch their foot like this and basically stay this way... Moved up one time to top of rock and is under 150w 14k Phoenix bulb... Eats really well???

image-1433795234.jpg

I would agree with the above poster, when its stretching like that its to get more light. How long has he been in the tank? How big is the tank as far as depth? I had a 150w halide at one point and it didnt seem enough for my corals so I sold it and went to t5's. I currently have a similar situation with my red bubble tip, he is always moving and never bubbles and quite frequently is "stretching" and he is under 4 t5's in a 29g biocube.

If it is moving flow, lighting or water conditions are not right, a 150 metal halide was fine, better than the T5's imo. All nems do not bubble. As far as stretching out I have a 6 year old nem that stretches out 8 inches, he did it under 500 watt of MH and he does it under 320 watt of leds's. If it's color is good and he doesn't move, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yea it's in a 29 gal bio cube, k2- viper w/14k Phoenix bulb about 8" off the water. Moved from 10"..it has only moved once. To top of the rock.
All conditions seem great...any closer with the light ant the zoas and others could be roasted. Have a new bulb on hand but was going to wait awhile as current bulb is only 6 months old. Nem has been in the tank 2 months .was quarter size now about silver dollar...

Awesome group of nems... Guess I could possibly move the light down a bit? This Nem spreads out really well and seems very content it just the base stretching thing that has me baffled??

Like I said my large green one stretches out 8 inches from the bottom to the top, thats the one on the right, it is actually attached near the bottom of the tank. More the light SLOOOW if you do, they need to adjust and keep in mind your other corals

Ok thanks , again yours look look great are they cloned from one? I have been researching led light strips to add a little more blue to the cube but having a hard time deciding because not sure any thin strips will punch enough light thru to see with halide bulb.. Then There is the heat issue?? And type of strip is going to block some halide light, might just be spinning my wheels? Lol the rbta's

mine green one I have had for 7-8 years, I had 2 red ones, I ran 2x250 over the center of the tank and 2 ho T5 on the back for some color, when one of my T5 burned out, I just put a pc light on till my new light came, the the red ones split, the main light didn't change but swapping out a T5 for a PC sent them into survival mode, in a day or 2, they are so sensitive to environmental changes. You really need to have an ato and a temp controller to keep them happy, and conditions stable.

Yea I have an auto top off... Temp seems pretty stable too, just wanting to add some more actinic or blue lighting.??

Back
Top Bottom