Anemone that won't dig in...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frosty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased a long tentacle anemone. I have a 75 gallon reef tank with live sand as the substrate and about 100 lbs of live rock. I was told that this anemone likes to put its foot in the sand. I placed it in a part of the tank that had a good sized area of sand. It looks good except it refuses to attach itself. It is now just floating on the floor of the tank. It eats and looks ok otherwise. When I set up the tank I put a mixture of 3 sizes of live sand... is it possible the anemone just doesn't like the small bits of shell in the substrate? I was thinking of adding finer sand to that area of the tank to see if that would help. (I have about 2 1/2 inches of substrate in the bottom of the tank currently.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Migh try giving it a head start, make a concave area in the sand and place it's foot in it. Personally most LTAs I've seen prefer the sand where it meets the LR.

Back
Top Bottom