Anemone w/ genetic defects?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman26m

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just saw a post regarding a Sebae anemone splitting...mine seems to have done the same except into 3. Here's a weird question though....I've noticed the anemone as some tentacles that seem malformed. There are some that are larger than others and have multiple "tips", almost like the tentacle is branching. Has anyone ever seen this before? Does this indicate a problem or do I have an inbred anemone?

Thanks,

Fireman

Guess I shouldn't have added all that toxic waste to the tank....lol.

Anemones breed by splitting so an inbred anemone is impossible as they are all clones of a sort to begin with. Sometimes they look a bit weird right after a split. My pink tip has a few split tips like that and it hasn't caused it any problems as far as I know. Since there's no other pink tip in my reef there's not even a problem of the other little anemones calling it a freak.

After minw split, it was kinda deformed on the split side. After a week it completely reformed itself and they both look identical to each other. Everything grew back to what it was before the split. Give it some time I think yours will do the same.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom