Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've got 2 ocellaris clowns, and am thinking of adding an anemone for them in a couple of months.

1. Will they adapt ok to their new "forced" anemone, with them being without one for so long?

2. Will the anemone eat the clowns (I've read this can happen!)??

3. Do I have to target feed the anemone?

4. Exactly how much lighting would the anemone need, in my 35gal?

5. Which anemone would you go for?

6. My only other animals so far are 2 cleaner shrimp and 1 fire shrimp - will they be ok with the anemone?

7. Do they require quite a slow current rather than powerheads blasting water all about them?

1) Maybe, although there is no way to know for sure

2) Depends on the species and the clown, not unheard of, but highly unlikely, IMO.

3) What species of anemone?

4) What species? FWIW, most anemones require the same or more lighting than corals

5) Tank Raised BTA, but I wouldn't add an anemone until the tank has matured a year or better, anemones are very demanding and not for the novice.

6) Yes

7) Agan, depends on the anemone, some prefer less current and some prefer high current, but all require reef type flow, upwards of 10 tank volumes per hour, you may just have to diffuse it some for some anemones.

Back
Top Bottom