anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troutman11111

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi everyone,my life has been very busy since the war started. but back to my question. i just got an anemone white with slight purple tips. i put it up high on my rock and this thing is all over the tank. it wants to move. i was thinking my 2x250mh were to much light for it, concidering it came from petco, lighting min fl. been 2weeks now. it seems to always go to the sand bottom. thanks walt

If it is a Condy then mine does the same thing. It likes to hide under the rocks. I have only NO lights and it moves alot. Sometimes i'll move it to the top of some rocks, but it always ends up underneath. It might also move alot if it needs food.

My Condy is not very light shy at all.... I have noticed that it likes to move when I directly feed it a 1/2 cube of formula 1... Within 24 hours it will be someplace else. If I don't feed directly it will stay put for months.

Condy's normally are movers. Mine moved around so much in fact, that I quit moving it where I wanted it...It soon got sucked up by my PH so, I do not do Condy's anymore for that reason.

white with purple tips does not sound like a condy, they are more a cream with colored tips, arent they? just wondering. Sounds almost like a sebae/

Condy are in all different color combinations. I had one that was white with purple tips and one that was almost transparent purple. I have seen them almost green and cream colored. Some with red tips and some with brown tips. Many many to choose from.

Sounds almost like a sebae/

I agree, although condys can be white, the more off white is more common. Stark white anemones are typically indicitive of a bleached anemone. A sebae anemone also prefers a sandy substrate to anchor it's foot in, rather than rocks. To correctly ID the anemone we would need a picture.

You know? sounds also like it could be a long tentacle anenome? I have seen some of them white with purple ends.. or bubble tip?

sounds also like it could be a long tentacle anenome? I have seen some of them white with purple ends.. or bubble tip?

Yep, very true....color is not the best way to try and ID an anemone, it could be any or none of those, it could be an anemone that hasn't been named yet. If you can provide a pic, I'm sure we can ID it, if you can't get us a decent pic, you might try doing a google images search using the names of the anemones we have provided.

Back
Top Bottom