Anemone's, How Many ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MARLANDO

Aquarium Advice Regular
What will be the norm for a 55 gallon tank to house more than one
anemone ?

I currently have two and seems they are doing fine, Like to get a Bubble tip,
but need more info if that will be to much for my tank.

Lights 20w x 3tubes with actinic bulb

i would say you could do three at max but you need to make sure that they will get along some or most anemones can put toxins into the water and kill your fish and more. what kind do you have in your tank now.

what will be the right light set up for a 36"w 24"H & 19"w tank ?

yeah you need more light you need 275 watts of light in your tank. go with t-5 ho lights or power compact. you could get the system you need for around 150$. so you want another bubble anemone? you can do that but as i stated get better lighting first i hope that your anemones do not die first

yeah you need more light you need 275 watts of light in your tank. go with t-5 ho lights or power compact. you could get the system you need for around 150$. so you want another bubble anemone? you can do that but as i stated get better lighting first i hope that your anemones do not die first

just curious where you got the 275 watt # from? as this is kinda bad advice. in a 24 inch high tank pc lighting isnt really going to cut it. and 275 watt of pc lighting doesnt = 275 watts of t5 lighting. so to just throw a # out there isnt good advice.

just curious where you got the 275 watt # from? as this is kinda bad advice. in a 24 inch high tank pc lighting isnt really going to cut it. and 275 watt of pc lighting doesnt = 275 watts of t5 lighting. so to just throw a # out there isnt good advice.

:confused::confused::confused:

with a 24 inch deep tank you need to go with 2 150 watt mh lights. possibly even 250 watt lights. but most likely the 150's would work and the anemones would just climb up higher in the tank to find a spot they like. or go with a 6 bulb t5 high out put lighting fixture. that option would be alot cheaper. i would just replace the antics that come with them cause they are just for looks not really that great for usable lights.

with a 24 inch deep tank you need to go with 2 150 watt mh lights. possibly even 250 watt lights. but most likely the 150's would work and the anemones would just climb up higher in the tank to find a spot they like. or go with a 6 bulb t5 high out put lighting fixture. that option would be alot cheaper. i would just replace the antics that come with them cause they are just for looks not really that great for usable lights.

thanks, thats what I needed to know, looks like I'm buying a new light !

i would look on ebay. you can find 4 and 6 bulb t-5 lighting fixtures kinda cheap. i would recommend the 6 bulb thou

How many watts total for t5 do i need ??

i would use 2 x 250 watt halides or a good quality individually reflected 6 x 54 watt t-5 fixture. also, be careful of ebay. many sell cheap fixtures that aren't UL listed and have been reported to start fires.
at least look for sunlight supply "tek" light or nova extreme pro. those are about the cheapest of the half decent fixtures i would use.

i've also heard good things about these guys-
http://www.fishneedit.com/metal-halide.html

i would use 2 x 250 watt halides or a good quality individually reflected 6 x 54 watt t-5 fixture. also, be careful of ebay. many sell cheap fixtures that aren't UL listed and have been reported to start fires.
at least look for sunlight supply "tek" light or nova extreme pro. those are about the cheapest of the half decent fixtures i would use.

i've also heard good things about these guys-
Metal Halide

what about this one ?
36" T5 HO Aquarium Light Marine Cichlid 156W 4x 39W - eBay (item 110534160865 end time Jun-15-10 13:20:45 PDT)

first of all, that's too short for your tank. you need a 48" fixture. secondly, it's not UL listed. precisely the kind of thing i am warning you to stay away from.

first of all, that's too short for your tank. you need a 48" fixture. secondly, it's not UL listed. precisely the kind of thing i am warning you to stay away from.

why do I need a 48" if my tank is 36" ?

Just looking around, see whats out there, being on a budget

You dont need 48in lighting, you need however long your tank is. I believe the normal lenght for your tank is 48in, but you must have a tall rather than long (thus the confusion).

Matt

You dont need 48in lighting, you need however long your tank is. I believe the normal lenght for your tank is 48in, but you must have a tall rather than long (thus the confusion).

Matt

thanks, just measured it, 35.5" long

What will be the norm for a 55 gallon tank to house more than one
anemone ?

I currently have two and seems they are doing fine, Like to get a Bubble tip,
but need more info if that will be to much for my tank.

Lights 20w x 3tubes with actinic bulb
a standard 55 gallon tank is 48" long.

if he has a 55 tall tank he's going to need even stronger lighting. Go for at least 2x 250watt MH lights.

Back
Top Bottom