anenome question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right now I have a 125 that has been set up for over a year with 90 lbs of LR. Also I have CC as substrate but will soon (hopefully) be sand. I have recently upgraded (by means of taking from another tank that Im setting up) my lights to a VHO with 440 watts. I have one anenome (Florida pink tip condy) that has been in the tank for about 4-5 months. However the false percs I have will not host it and I want one that they will....
1) Can I have 2 anenomes in the same tank?
2) Whats the best and prettiest that I can get that the clowns will host
3) how the HECK do I update my profile so i dont have to keep telling everyone what i have in my tank...have tried this before and cant get it to save.
Thanks

Re: question

fishman said:
Right now I have a 125 that has been set up for over a year with 90 lbs of LR. Also I have CC as substrate but will soon (hopefully) be sand. I have recently upgraded (by means of taking from another tank that Im setting up) my lights to a VHO with 440 watts. I have one anenome (Florida pink tip condy) that has been in the tank for about 4-5 months. However the false percs I have will not host it and I want one that they will....
1) Can I have 2 anenomes in the same tank?
2) Whats the best and prettiest that I can get that the clowns will host
3) how the HECK do I update my profile so i dont have to keep telling everyone what i have in my tank...have tried this before and cant get it to save. Hi, sure you can have two anenome's providing you have acquit lighting, as far as the clowns go is hard to say, mine host green polyps, if there wild caught you have a better chance, i've seen clowns hosting a rose anenome, hope this helps.

Hi, sure you can have two anenome's providing you have acquit lighting, as far as the clowns go is hard to say, mine host green polyps, if there wild caught you have a better chance, i've seen clowns hosting a rose anenome, hope this helps.

My clowns are tank raised...as far as I know...hoping for the best when I get one!! :mrgreen:

Clarkii clowns will host almost any anemone. Maroon and tomato clowns host Bubble tip anemones in the wild. BTA are one of the best for aquariums since they have lower light requirements and do fairly well. The whole TR clowns won't host is a myth it's just that wild clowns naturally associate anemones with protection and usually are quicker to take up residence within an anemone.

occelaris will host bubble tip (BTA) (entacmaea quadricolor), magnificent (ritteri) anemone (heteractis magnifica), gigantic (giant carpet) anemone (stichodactyla gigantea), saddle carpet anemone (stichodactyla haddoni), and merten's carpet anemone (stichodactyla mertensii). i included the scientific names since this is how my LFS labels their anemones.
i too would suggest the BTA. the reason it wouldnt host in the condy is probably because condy's are from the atlantic ocean, and clowns are native to pacific waters. sometimes they will take up with them, but i have heard reports of condys actually eating a clown that was trying to host in it.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom