anenome question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently upgeade my lights from 80 Watts NO Flor to 440 VHO over a 125. I have had a pink tip condy for about 4 months...since putting in the lights, he has moved from his position and is not under a peice of LR almost in the shade if you will. My concern is some of the tips of his little arms are a little brown from time to time. Should this be? Is there to much light? What should I do? Also I feed him small peices of krill every other day too. I feed zooplankton from time to time as well.
Thanks

Condylactis are not too heavy on lighting needs and most likely the anemone is going through a bit of shock depending how you acclimated the tank to the new light. Once the anemone begins to adapt to the new intensity it may expose itself more but may just simpley extend itself further from it's current location.

As far as the feedings go, I'd ease way back. They don't need the extra nutrition much unless you do not have fish in the tank and even then, only sparse amounts if any. Do not simpley go cold turkey if you do nix the feedings though. The anemone must be weined off the food over several months.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom